Here’s the first of my Archons. I painted this guy back in April for a painting competition. I was quite pleased at how well the agonizer came out. The cloak, not so much…
I have another in production that will be carrying a blaster.
Next are my first two completed warrior squads. Unfortunately the warrior kit only comes with 1 blaster and I need multiple so I’ll just use shredders as fill-ins.
I’ve been taking advantage of the insanely beautiful weather Irene left behind to prime some units/vehicles. I have a raider, venom, hellion pack (beastmasters), and haemonculus on the table for completion.
Well I’ve been a busy bastard for the last several weeks. I decided to knuckle down ad get behind the Dark Eldar project I was developing since December.
I have not pinned down what I want to play with but it’s drifting towards an assault variant with fire support. I think I’ll run them like Daemons sans the random crap and the suckage.
The only real problem I’m having with this army is transporting it. I have nothing sensible to use to carry these vehicles and I have a SCORE of 40mm monsters that do not play well with the GW transport case. Looks like I’m going to have to invest in some Battle Foam.
I’m particularly happy at how the bases complement the paint scheme I choose. I wanted a simple textured dark base that would gel with the (mostly) monochromatic color palate. I recently made some 25mm bases for my infantry.
I can’t get around how good this model looks. Nurgle styled painting has been a Everest of mine for years. Finally I know the method to making something look disorderly and orderly at the same time!
All credit goes out to Les Bursley of AwesomePaintJob. I found a video of him painting a Ultraforge Great Plague Demon (now OOP) and it filled in all the gaps in my painting style that was preventing me from painting Nurgle units.
Thank you Les!
I will be sending him a personal thank you via Dakka shortly.
I’m still working on Bubba, but Hoss is done. Painting Achievement Unlocked!
So that theme I was testing “Graphene” broke on it’s second post. I have no idea WTF is wrong with it and I don’t care to find out. I’m changing to this stable theme (Atahualpa) until I can find one that suits my aesthetic tastes or I change this one to suit.
Well my Daemon mojo continues. Here are some new additions.
First up is the sorcerer I painted using one of the new Storm of Chaos sorcerers. I like the results, but I feel more could have been done with their armor. I may pick up 2 more for further attempts.
Next up, Big Hoss and Bubba. I placed a Forgeworld order with some friends a little over a week ago and they arrived yesterday. Nurgle has always been difficult to paint for me because it requires a messy style to look good and that is the polar opposite of how I learned to paint. I try to paint neatly and stay within the lines; those rules don’t apply to Nurgle units so I’ve always avoided them. But no more! I will get this fat bastard done and he will look horribly awesome!
I’m also working on a template model for my Seekers. I’ve finished the mount but not the rider. I’ll post her when it’s up to snuff.